BLUEPRINT FOR SUCCESS
(For Actors and Non-Actors)
There was a blueprint for success?
This blueprint was not only customizable to who you are, but wasn’t effective unless it was unique to you?
This blueprint could help you to engage with all that you are, and all that you want to achieve, right now?
AND WHAT IF
You could learn to apply this blueprint in 8 short weeks?
DISCOVER THE HIDDEN FACTORS THAT WILL TRANSFORM THE WAY YOU APPROACH EVERY ASPECT OF YOUR LIFE AND CREATE A DRAMATIC IMPACT ON ACHIEVING AND SUSTAINING SUCCESS.
In this lively and interactive class, you’ll learn:
• How to discover what excites you and find that “something more” you’ve been looking for.
• How to take off the mask and live authentically in all aspects of your life.
• 7 specific ways of perceiving events, and what those perceptions lead to;
• Overcoming Your Individual Obstacles in important life areas such as Relationships, Finance, Career.
• Defining Goals, Values and Expectations
• How To Always Have Focus and Creativity At Your Fingertips
• 4 energy blocks that hold you back from taking action, and impact the effectiveness of the action you DO take;
• How your beliefs were created and how you can use them to move forward
• How to Deal With Fear, Anxiety And Nervousness
• Why having clarity is even more fundamental to achieving success than most people think (despite how obvious it seems);
• How your mind holds you back from being present in the moment, and how that has a ripple effect on your ability to make decisions, generate new ideas and possibilities, and perform to your highest ability;
• How different types of energy hold the key to why certain people succeed and enjoy life effortlessly, while others continually struggle to understand themselves, to communicate effectively, and to break through the blocks that hold them back
• What is REALLY holding you back from living the life of your dreams. (It's not what you think!)
GUARANTEE: You’ll never view yourself or the world in the same way again!
Starts: TBA 7:00pm – 9:30pm
Duration: 8 Weeks
Instructor: Rachel Bellack
VOICE AND MOVEMENT FOR THE ACTOR
***This class is NOT about singing or dancing****
It is not only singers and dancers who have to learn the art and craft of the human voice and body. Actors, teachers, public speakers, or anyone who has to use their voice and movements to communicate an idea or an intention has to learn to master the skill of effective use of their voice and body.
Free yourself physically and vocally, and you can unlock a character in a whole new way. Strength and flexibility training, pantomime, and more. Connect emotionally to your character through voice and movement. This course is designed for all actors who wish to connect their bodies and voices more fully with their acting work. We will be exploring together the fundamentals of movement as it relates to the theatre. Vital training for all actors where the primary means of creation occurs through the body rather than just through the mind. We will use games, improvisation,tumbling, ballet ( don’t panic), stretch and strength exercises. All geared to help students follow a developmental journey while removing inhibitions and allowing spontaneity, flexibility, awareness, freedom and ultimately creativity.
We will be also be learning the fundamentals of technique for the voice designed to liberate the natural voice rather than to develop a vocal technique.
What you will need: Clothes you can move in: sweats – no jeans if possible, tennis shoes, or bare feet if you prefer, a yoga mat if you don’t want to lay on the bare floor, and water to stay hydrated.
AN ESSENTIAL CLASS FOR ALL ACTORS. YOUR BODY IS YOUR INSTRUMENT. OWN IT.
Starts: TBA 7:00pm – 9:30pm
DIRECTING FOR THE STAGE
Michigan Actors Studio is pleased to offer a new class, Directing for the Stage, taught by local, award-winning stage director Lynch R. Travis
The class will take the students from the audition process through the performance process from a director’s perspective. It will be fun-filled, hands on introduction to the fundamentals of directing including casting, staging, script analysis and incorporation of technical and design elements. Learn how to schedule and conduct rehearsals and then put on a play in a safe, collaborative environment.
The student directors will be asked to invite actors to audition for participation in the ten weeklong program. This workshop will culminate in a performance of a short play directed by the student director. Students will gain an experiential knowledge of directing and have their first directing credit to add to their resume. If you've ever dreamed of becoming a director and didn't know where to start this course is for you.
Space is very limited for this program.
Starts: TBA 7:00pm - 10:30pm
Duration: 10 Weeks
Instructor: Lynch R. Travis
Click Here to Register